SUBMISSION DEADLINE: Oct. 14, 2014, @midnight
Call for Art by Veterans
An exhibition at the Inver Hills Art Gallery sponsored by the V.A.L.O.R. Student Club and Women Warriors in support of the Inver Hills Community College diversity initiative, and in solidarity with Veterans in the Arts, a program funded by an Arts Learning grant from the Minnesota State Arts Board.
Exhibition Information *
The V.A.L.O.R. Student Club at Inver Hills invites all self-identifying veterans to submit art to the upcoming exhibition at Inver Hills Art Gallery. The show will feature works representing personal identities of each veteran expressed through their artworks and art pursuits in whatever form that takes. V.A.L.O.R. would like to challenge general assumptions about what a veteran is by opening up the conversation about who each person is, or what interests them within and beyond that title. The purpose of the show is to create a space for expression and reflection for veterans while sharing and engaging with the campus and larger community.
- Drop-off dates: Thursday, Oct. 23, and Friday, Oct. 24, 2014 (time TBA)
- All pieces must be hand delivered
- Opening reception: Tuesday, Nov. 4, 2014, 5 – 7 p.m.
- Exhibition runs Tuesday, Nov. 4, 2014, to Friday, Nov. 21, 2014
- Pickup dates: Monday, Nov. 24, and Tuesday, Nov. 25, 2014 (time TBA)
* Inver Hills Community College would like to assure that all educational programs, course materials, services and activities sponsored by the college are accessible to individuals with disabilities.
If you need accommodations, contact:
College Center Room 211
Oct. 14, 2014, @midnight
Submissions can be e-mailed to:
Inver Hills Art Gallery
Other submission accommodations can be made by phone at 651-450-3101 or in person at the Inver Hills Art Gallery.
- 2D and 3D art accepted
- No more than four pieces per artist
Please include the following:
- Artist’s name
- Artist’s contact info: e-mail and phone number
- Service branch and date of service
- Title of piece(s) and medium used
- Description of piece so we can connect art to owner
- Brief narrative (optional)
If you need assistance transcribing a submission, please contact:
Fine Arts Building
Inver Hills Community College
2500 East 80th Street
Inver Grove Heights, MN 55076
New expanded Inver Hills Art Gallery hours
- Monday: 9 a.m. − 4 p.m.
- Tuesday: 2 p.m. − 4 p.m.
- Wednesday: 9 a.m. − 4 p.m.
- Thursday: 9 a.m. − 4 p.m.
- Friday: 10 a.m. − 4 p.m.
For more information about the Inver Hills Art Gallery, you can like the gallery on Facebook or contact:
For more information about Veteran Services at Inver Hills, contact:
Veteran Services Coordinator
Top image: 09/18/2014–The aircraft carrier USS Carl Vinson (CVN 70) transits the Pacific Ocean during Valiant Shield 2014 Sept. 18, 2014. Valiant Shield is a biennial U.S. Air Force, Navy and Marine Corps exercise held in Guam, focusing on real-world proficiency in sustaining joint forces at sea, in the air, on land and in cyberspace. (DoD photo by Mass Communication Specialist 2nd Class John Philip Wagner Jr., U.S. Navy/Released)