Online event • Thursday, August 20, 2020 • 10 a.m. – 12:45 p.m.
Kick Off at Inver Hills Community College is moving online this year. The event takes place Thursday, August 20, 2020, from 10 a.m. to 12:45 p.m. Instead of a BBQ and Club Fair on the college’s campus mall, Kick Off will feature a Virtual Information Fair.
Nicki Bottko Woods, the college’s associate director of student life, requests that one representative from each Inver Hills group or department should send the following to Jenni Yamada, student life activities coordinator, before August 5, 2020:
- Your group or department name as you would like listed for the event
- Picture to represent your group or department
- If you don’t have a picture, try looking through the Kick Off 2019 photo album on Inver Hills Flickr
- Two-sentence description of your group or department
- We will edit for space if needed so please keep your descriptions short
- You are welcome to send Jenni any handouts, D2L modules, contact emails, website and/or social media links
“We’re having 20-minute workshop sessions scheduled from 11 a.m. to 11:20 a.m.,” Nicki said. “These speed workshops are aimed at getting students the basics of a topic in a short amount of time. If you are interested in presenting a workshop for Kick Off 2020, please contact me directly.”
WHAT: Kick Off 2020
WHEN: Thursday, August 20, 2020
10 a.m. – 12:45 p.m.
Kick Off 2020 FAQ
What is Kick Off?
Kick Off is an annual event held on the Thursday before classes start in fall semester. Typically, Kick Off has been an in-person event that included workshops and presentations about what students can expect at Inver Hills.
Following our workshops and presentations, we have held a BBQ and Information Fair in the campus mall. In the past, students who started at Inver Hills in the previous spring or summer semester or students starting this fall were encouraged to participate. This year, all students will be encouraged to attend our virtual sessions.
What is the Kick Off schedule of events this year?
- 10 a.m. – 10:45 a.m. • Welcome, introductions and panel discussion/Q & A
- 11 a.m. – 11:20 a.m. • Workshop sessions (attendees choose one session to attend)
- 11: 20 a.m. – 12:20 p.m. • Virtual Information Fair (attendees move between Zoom rooms and can attend as many or as few of these sessions as they would like
- 12:30 p.m. – 12:45 p.m. • Closing session and prize drawing
Who is invited to Kick Off?
All Inver Hills students are invited and also encouraged to invite friends and family.
Where can I find Inver Hills virtual backgrounds to use during Kick Off?
What will the Virtual Information Fair look like this year?
We have built a template for what to expect on the Student Senate D2L course as well as our Student Bulletin website. You can join the Student Senate D2L course and take a look at how the event will work by clicking on self-registration on the D2L homepage and then register for the Student Senate course.
How can students sign up for Kick Off?
Let any students know they can sign up here: Student Bulletin: Kick Off 2020
Kick Off 2019 gallery
View more event photos by visiting Kick Off 2019 on Inver Hills Flickr.
Learn more about Kick Off 2020 by contacting:
Nicki Bottko Woods
Associate Director of Student Life
Student Life Activities Coordinator