March 14 through April 22, 2016
Spring 2016 Fitness Challenge
How does it work?
Starting March 14 until April 22, 2016, you can earn points by working out in the Inver Hills Fitness Center and attending short workshops. Not only will you be doing something healthy for yourself, you can also win prizes! Each participant who reaches 100 points will receive a prize. Top point earners from each category (students, community members, faculty/staff) will receive an additional prize.
What do I do?
- Register! Come to the Rec Desk in lower level of Activities and bring an ID. Complete the form. It is FREE. Registration is worth three points.
- Workout! Participants earn three points for every 30 minute workout in the fitness center, weight room or open gym. You must sign in and check out at the fitness center each time to earn workout points. Bring your ID. You may not earn points for regular class participation in a PHED course. Maximum workout points awarded per day is nine.
- Learn! Earn three points for attending “Fast Fitness” sessions to learn different ways to work out! Information including times, locations and topics will be posted each week by the recreation desk. Sessions last five to 10 minutes max. Be sure to sign the participation sheet to get your points. You may earn points for each different session you attend, but not by repeating the same session within a week. Weekly schedules for sessions will be posted at the Rec Desk.
- Body composition pre-assessment and weight control tips
- Yoga 1, 2, and 3
- Ab workout
- Body weight exercises
- Weights—pulling, pushing, legs, etc.
- Balance training
- Kettle bells
- Circuit training
- Cardio training tips
- Body composition post-assessment
29 Reasons to get fit & stay fit
Courtesy of BuiltLean
- Reduces Cholesterol
- Sleep Better
- Improves Self Esteem
- Reduces Blood Pressure
- Decreases Back Pain
- Reduces Risk of Injury
- Prevents Certain Cancers
- Increases Metabolic Rate
- Increases Range of Motion
- Increases Functional Strength
- Increases Insulin Sensitivity
- Improves Sex Drive
- Reduces Risk of Heart Disease
- Exercise is Fun and Enjoyable
- Exercise Prolongs Life
- Improves Balance and Coordination
- Reduces Anxiety and Depression
- Gastrointestinal Tract Benefits
- Weight Control
- Improves Fat Utilization
- Strengthens Immune System
- Strengthens Your Bones
- Improves Focus
- Reduces Aches & Pains
- Lose the Hidden Fat
- Improves Energy Levels
- Prevents Alzheimer’s
- Improves Confidence
- Reach Your Potential
To learn more about the Spring 2016 Fitness Challenge as well as Physical Education at Inver Hills, contact:
Physical Education Faculty
Office: Activities Building 213
For more information about Fitness and Recreation at Inver Hills, contact:
Tom “Bo” Johnson
Director of Recreational Sports
Office: Activities Building 212