Campus visits plus Paralegal, Nursing and ASAP info sessions
The first official day of spring is Sunday, March 20. That day marks the vernal equinox, or the time the Sun crosses the celestial equator on its journey north. You can start an upward journey of your own by exploring the academic programs at Inver Hills Community College.
We offer a variety of ways to learn more about the opportunities at our college through regularly scheduled campus visits as well as special focus sessions that provide more information about particular programs.
Inver Hills Community College
2500 80th St. E.
Inver Grove Heights, MN 55076
Here’s a list of what’s coming up in mid-February through April 2016
Regular Campus Visits
We offer campus visits twice a week that last about an hour. These general information sessions allow plenty of time for questions. Here’s what you’ll accomplish during your visit:
- Take a campus tour
- Learn about the academic programs we offer
- Get information about the application process
- Get information about financial aid
Please plan to arrive at the Information Center in the College Center 10 minutes before the session begins.
Campus visit times
- Friday, Feb. 12 • noon to 1 p.m.
- Tuesday, Feb. 16 • 4 to 5 p.m.
- Friday, Feb. 26 • noon to 1 p.m.
- Tuesday, March 1 • 4 to 5 p.m.
- Friday, March 11 • noon to 1 p.m.
- Tuesday, March 15 • 4 to 5 p.m.
- Friday, March 25 • noon to 1 p.m.
- Tuesday, March 29 • 4 to 5 p.m.
- Friday, April 8 • noon to 1 p.m.
- Tuesday, April 12 • 4 to 5 p.m.
- Friday, April 22 • noon to 1 p.m.
- Tuesday, April 26 • 4 to 5 p.m.
You can sign up for a visit online by visiting the Inver Hills calendar. Check the Campus Visits box and pick the session most convenient for your schedule.
Adult Learner (ASAP) Information Sessions
Are you interested in pursuing your two-year degree? Do you have work, military or volunteer experience? Are you looking for flexible class time options?
If you answered YES to any of these questions, come to this information session about Adult Success through Accelerated Programs (ASAP) and see how we can help you earn your two-year degree faster.
During this one-hour session, we’ll cover the following topics:
- How you may be able to earn college credit for your previous work and life experience
- How a degree from Inver Hills Community College can help you achieve your future goals
- How to get started in our ASAP program
For more information, e-mail ASAP or call 651-450-3000.
ASAP info session times
- Monday, Feb. 22 • 4 to 5 p.m.
- Monday, March 28 • 4 to 5 p.m.
- Monday, April 25 • 4 to 5 p.m.
You can sign up for a session online by visiting the Inver Hills calendar. Check the ASAP box and pick the session most convenient for your schedule.
Nursing Information Sessions
Interested in studying at Inver Hills to become a nurse? If you are not currently an Inver Hills student, come to an information session and learn all about our Nursing program!
(Current students may work with an academic advisor to determine how to best plan for their application to the program.)
Inver Hills is part of the MANE (Minnesota Alliance for Nursing Education) consortium of schools, making it easier to transfer to a Bachelor of Science in Nursing program through a partnership with Metropolitan State University. We will explain the curriculum, application requirements and processes, and answer any questions you may have about this exciting program.
Nursing info session times
- Wednesday, Feb. 17 • 4 to 5 p.m.
- Wednesday, March 9 • 4 to 5 p.m.
- Wednesday, March 23 • 4 to 5 p.m.
- Wednesday, April 6 • 4 to 5 p.m.
- Wednesday, April 20 • 4 to 5 p.m.
You can sign up for a session online by visiting the Inver Hills calendar. Checki the Nursing Info Meeting box and pick the session most convenient for your schedule.
Paralegal Information Session
The Paralegal program prepares graduates to work under the supervision of attorneys in civil, criminal, and family law, as well as litigation, probate and estates, real estate, and business organizations areas.
Graduates are trained to:
- Apply and interpret the law and legal procedures in rendering direct assistance to lawyers
- Conduct competent legal research, writing, and communication
- Prepare legal documents
- Analyze procedural and substantive legal problems
- Interview clients and witnesses
- Investigate and manage cases
- Demonstrate technological skills and familiarity with computerized databases
Paralegal info session time
- Tuesday, March 1 • 5 – 6 p.m.
To learn more, contact the Admissions Team or Sally Dahlquist, paralegal program director. You can also visit Paralegal Program.
Spring Open House • Thursday, April 28
Here’s what you can accomplish all in one visit:
- Apply for free
- Take ACCUPLACER
- Learn about financial aid
- Talk to an advisor
- Take a campus tour
- Did we mention eat?
- Meet with faculty
More details about Inver’s Spring Open House arriving shortly.
To learn more about the Spring 2016 Visit Series at Inver Hills, contact: