Inver Hills forges degree completion partnership with St. Catherine University
Inver Hills Community College hosted a signing ceremony to recognize St. Kate’s Complete Monday, September 16, 2019, in Heritage Hall on the college’s campus in Inver Grove Heights, Minnesota. Along with St. Paul College and Minneapolis Community & Technical College, Inver Hills is a partner with St. Catherine University in a program designed to provide a seamless path for Inver Hills students interested in transferring into St. Kate’s traditional option, College for Women, or the university’s co-ed option, College for Adults.
“The win for our students is that they now have a new easy transfer option to consider and all the help they’ll need along the way,” said Wendy Robinson, Inver Hills vice president of student affairs. “Our students will have the option to get specific advising earlier in the transfer process so they can be sure they are on the right path to a four-year degree and beyond. They’ll also be eligible for designated scholarship dollars upon transfer to St. Kate’s.”
Representing St. Catherine University at the signing ceremony were:
- Becky Roloff, President
- Dr. Anita Thomas, EVP and Provost
- Drew Melendres, SVP Enrollment Management, Student Affairs, Athletics
- Jenn Searles, Director of Pathways
- Greg Steenson, AVP Enrollment College for Adults/Grad College
- Cory Piper-Hauswirth, AVP Enrollment College for Women
- Dr. Toccara Stark, VP Marketing and Communications
- Sarah Voigt, Public Relations
Along with President Roloff, Michael Berndt, Inver Hills interim president, delivered remarks at the recognition event.
More about St. Kate’s Complete…
Complete your associate degree at Inver Hills Community College and be ready to transition seamlessly to a St. Catherine University bachelor’s degree.
With St. Kate’s Complete you can:
- Be guaranteed St. Kate’s admission with an A.A., A.F.A., A.S. or A.A.S. degree or Minnesota Transfer Curriculum (MnTC) from Inver Hills Community College and a 2.5 GPA or higher.
- Earn an associate and bachelor’s degree in four years (2+2).
- Select from a mix of formats and schedules, including evening/weekend and online options.
- Receive a career development assessment.
- Change course if needed.
- Any student transferring to St. Kate’s without completing a bachelor’s degree is eligible for a reverse transfer.
- Have access to support services designed to help you succeed in your program and beyond.
Scholarships just for you
Most St. Kate’s students also qualify for financial aid and other scholarships, including an exclusive scholarship just for St. Kate’s Complete transfer students from Inver Hills Community College.
College for Women students enrolled in at least 12 credits for fall and spring terms with a 2.5 GPA or higher receive a one-time $3,000 scholarship spread over their first two terms.
College for Adults students enrolled in at least 6 credits for fall, spring or summer terms with a 2.5 GPA or higher receive a one-time $3,000 scholarship spread over their first two terms.
Select a program that works for you
Attend full- or part-time in a format that fits your lifestyle. You’ll select an associate degree at Inver Hills Community College or completion of the MnTC, as well as a bachelor’s degree program from St. Kate’s College for Adults or College for Women.