Funds are raised Oct. 1 – Oct 15, 2016
The Sunshine Fund at Inver Hills Community College represents a longstanding tradition (almost 40 years) of supporting our staff, administration and faculty during periods of hardship. Every October, the Sunshine Fund holds a fundraising drive.
This year the drive takes place Oct. 1 to Oct. 15
The Sunshine Fund is used to send a remembrance to an Inver Hills faculty member, staff member or administrator in the following ways:
- When someone is hospitalized, we send a high-quality flower arrangement.
- When they have a death in the family (grandparent, parent, sibling, child or significant other), we send a $25 memorial.
- When an Inver Hills employee dies, we send an appropriate memorial to the loved ones.
Sunshine Fund fundraising details
- We can only accept cash donations.
- No amount is too small, but we suggest a $10 donation; donations are not required.
- Watch for collection envelopes circulating in October; each building gets one or two envelopes, depending on the size of the building.
- Deliver envelopes to your area secretaries as soon as you can, or contact a Sunshine Fund Committee member (see below) directly for pickup.
- Please sign your name on the envelope—whether you choose to give or not—so we know you have seen the envelope and it won’t be resent to you.
- Keep the envelopes moving so they get to everyone quickly.
- The Sunshine Fund Committee asks that you let us know if you hear of a death or illness affecting our staff, administration or faculty; do not hesitate to contact us as we would rather get several messages than miss someone.
Thank you for making Inver Hills such a supportive campus. Anything you give will be appreciated. ALL DONATIONS GO TO THE INVER HILLS COMMUNITY.